Forbes Magazine has published a list of the hard-working actors! No, it's not about our talented actors who all go Method acting on us, but thespians who starred in films that earned the most money! It's a business magazine after all.
So in order to compile their rankings, our friendly Forbes folks "considered all movies released between January 2005 and December 2009 that earned more than $20 million at the U.S. box office (559 films total). Based on data from Exhibitor Relations, we tallied which actors had the most starring or significant roles in those movies, with ties broken by cumulative box-office totals. By drawing a line based on box-office returns, the list also selects for the stars whose work is most effective for the studios."
And the No. 1 hardest working actor in the biz? No other than the uber-busy Seth Rogen who starred in 12 films with a cumulative total of $892 million! From "Knocked Up" to "Kung Fu Panda," Rogen's movies made lots of cash.
Here's the list of the Top 10 Hardest Working Actors (as compiled by Moviefone), oh yeah, Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep made the list, yay!
1. Seth Rogen: 12 films / $892 million in total
2. Morgan Freeman: 9 films / $1,168 billion in total (including The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, Invictus)
3. Matt Damon: 8 films / $696 million in total (including The Bourne Ultimatum, Ocean's Thirteen, The Departed)
4. Will Ferrell: 8 films / $607 million in total (including Talladega Nights, Man vs. Wild, Stranger Than Fiction)
5. Robert Downey Jr.: 7 films / $788 million in total (including Tropic Thunder, Iron Man, The Soloist)
6. Samuel L. Jackson: 7 films / $700 million in total (including Snakes on a Plane, Star Wars: Episodes II and III)
7. Sandra Bullock: 5 films / $655 million in total (including The Blind Side, The Proposal)
8. Meryl Streep: 7 films / $547 million in total (including Mamma Mia!, The Devil Wears Prada)
9. Shia LaBeouf: 6 films / $1.3 billion in total (including Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Transformers)
10. Christian Bale: 6 films / $1 billion in total (including The Dark Knight, Terminator Salvation)
[ 33 comments ] ( 1514 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 906 )