I love Viola Davis! She’s smart and fun and a talented, really talented actress! In the new film “Beautiful Creatures,” Davis stars as Amma, the mysterious librarian who takes care of our hero (Alden Ehrenreich as Ethan). But she also holds a deep, dark secret. In this interview, we talked about:
• What attracted her to making “Beautiful Creatures”
• Her scenes with Jeremy Irons
• The film’s message about the power of literature
• The film deals with the past
• It’s about claiming yourself!
• Doe she believe in the supernatural?
• If she could see her future, what would it be?
[ 15 comments ] ( 797 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 586 )
I can listen to Jeremy Irons forever! The voice of Scar in “The Lion King” (yes!) has a very commanding presence and stature and yes, a soothing voice. Plus, he’s a respected actor having won an Oscar in 1991 for “Reversal of Fortune.” In “Beautiful Creatures,” Irons stars as Macon Ravenwood, our heroine’s (Alice Englert as Lena Duchannes) mysterious uncle. No, he will not win an Oscar for the role, but he certainly adds gravitas to the project. In this interview, we talked about:
• What made him want to join the cast of “Beautiful Creatures”
• His character’s outfits are fantastic!
• The power of literature
• What attracted him to his character Macon?
• Like his character, does Irons like Google and technology?
[ 20 comments ] ( 2031 views ) | permalink | ( 2.9 / 587 )
Christine Dae is now all grown-up and deliciously evil! Emmy Rossum, the actress who brought “The Phantom of the Opera’s” Christine Dae to life is now a very bad, very evil witch in the new supernatural love story, “Beautiful Creatures.” In the film, Rossum stars as Ridley Duchannes, Lena’s (Alice Englert) cousin who left her family when she turned 16 because she became a Siren – a seductress who can easily entrap human minds. In this interview, we talked about:
• What attracted her to become deliciously devious as the Siren?
• The character’s duality
• The film’s focus on the power of literature
• The film’s smart writing according to Rossum
• Her character’s arch in the Caster series
• If she could see the future, what would it be?
• Does she believe in the supernatural?
• What does she want the audience to feel after watching “Beautiful Creatures”
[ 25 comments ] ( 1298 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 593 )
Thomas Mann and Zoey Deutch are such lovely creatures when I sat down with them for “Beautiful Creatures.” This was my second time interviewing Mann with “Fun Size” being the first film I got the chance to talk to him. Mann stars as Link in the movie, he’s our hero’s (Alden Ehrenreich) best friend. Deutch is Emily, the mean girl of the bunch and Alice Englert’s high school nemesis. In this interview for the supernatural love story, we talked about:
• What attracted them into making the movie
• Working with director Richard LaGravanese (“P.S. I Love You,” “Freedom Writers”)
• Working with the talented cast – Jeremy Irons, Viola Davis, Emma Thompson
• The high school scenes in the film
• What attracted them to their characters?
• Do they believe in the supernatural?
[ 25 comments ] ( 2462 views ) | permalink | ( 2.9 / 581 )
In celebration of the Oscars on February 24th, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences unveiled the new poster commemorating the magic of cinema.
This is a special edition commemorative poster that was designed by English artist, graphic designer, and illustrator, Olly Moss, in collaboration with Gallery1988. According to the press release, the special edition piece features 85 Oscar statuettes, each one distinctly inspired by the Best Picture winners from 1927 to 2012. The poster images can currently be viewed in a digital gallery at http://oscar.com/best-pictures-tribute.
Here's the rest of the press release and where you can buy the fantastic Oscar poster:
Moss, a graduate of the University of Birmingham, is best known for such works as the “Thor” cast poster for Marvel Entertainment, the cover artwork for the “Resistance 3” video game, and his recent book Silhouettes from Popular Culture. One of the most sought-after screen print artists working today, Moss has created illustrations for The New York Times and The Guardian, and is commissioned by Empire magazine to design a new movie poster illustration every month.
The commemorative poster, along with a special edition T-shirt by DabsMyla, is now available for purchase at oscars.org/posters or by calling 1-877-335-8936.
The original poster will be on display beginning February 14 as part of “For Your Consideration,” the Academy’s collaborative exhibition with Gallery1988 Melrose, at 7020 Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles. For information about the exhibition, visit nineteeneightyeight.com or follow Gallery1988 on Twitter (@galleries1988) and Facebook (gallery1988). Fans outside the Los Angeles area can find out about special giveaway opportunities by following the Academy on Twitter (@TheAcademy) and Facebook (TheAcademy).
Oscars for outstanding film achievements of 2012 will be presented on Oscar Sunday, February 24, at the Dolby Theatre™ at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and will be hosted by Seth MacFarlane. The Oscar presentation will be televised live on the ABC Television Network and in more than 225 countries worldwide. For more information go to Oscar.com or download the official Oscars app.
[ 29 comments ] ( 1397 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 592 )