Quentin Tarantino describes his upcoming flick "Inglorious Basterds" as "a bunch of guys on a mission movie." The film will premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on May 20, and right now, the director is busy starting to create a buzz about the film.
In a recent New York Times article:
“THIS ain’t your daddy’s World War II movie,” Quentin Tarantino said with a grin, standing on a street corner here that had been scrubbed of 21st-century signposts to become the set of “Inglourious Basterds,” his new film about a band of Jewish-American soldiers on a scalp-hunting revenge quest against the Nazis.
Although it was mostly shot at Studio Babelsberg in Potsdam, Germany, the movie’s subtitle is “Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France.” So on a three-day sojourn in Paris in December, Mr. Tarantino and his bi-continental moviemaking coalition commandeered a 1904 bistro with peeling paint, Art Deco stained glass and a wall of windows overlooking an intersection of identifiably Parisian streets in the 18th Arrondissement.
“We had to have a scene to sell the audience that we’re in France,” Mr. Tarantino said. “This is it.”
Read the rest of the story right here.
[ add comment ] ( 14 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 301 )
Opening December 11, 2009, "The Princess and the Frog" is an animated musical set in the great city of New Orleans about a beautiful girl named Tiana (Anika Noni Rose), a frog prince who desperately wants to be human again, and a magical kiss that will change their lives forever.
From Walt Disney Animation Studios, and the creators of "The Little Mermaid" and "Aladdin," "The Princess and the Frog" is a modern twist on a classic tale.
But the big question remains: Has Disney been recently successful with animated flicks without Pixar's help? We'll soon find out.
For now, check the trailer of the film by going to its official website right here.
[ 1 comment ] ( 35 views ) | permalink | ( 3.1 / 406 )
Walt Disney Pictures released the first footage of "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" during an ABC movie special. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer talks about the plot of the film as we see Jake Gyllenhaal brandishing a really long and nasty sword!
Directed by Mike Newell ("Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"), this video game adaptation tells the story of a Persian prince who teams up with a rival princess to stop a vicious king from unleashing a sandstorm that could destroy the world!
The film opens May 28, 2010. Here's the clip:
[ add comment ] ( 16 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 269 )
Lots of love for Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio!
My heart will go on and on and on for these talented and generous stars!
According to WENN, Winslet and DiCaprio donated $30,000 to help the last remaining survivor from the doomed ship pay her nursing home fees.
Aw...that's super sweet!
But what about Celine Dion? I heard that she still have yet to donate money! What are you waiting for Miss Celine?
Here's the complete article to brighten your day
Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio have proved their generosity is of Titanic proportions - after donating $30,000 (£20,000) to help the last remaining survivor from the doomed ship.
The pair, who starred as tragic lovers in the 1997 blockbuster, along with the movie's director James Cameron, handed over the cash to ensure 98-year-old Millvina Dean can pay her nursing home fees, reports Access Hollywood.
Dean was the ship's youngest passenger at nine months old when the Titanic hit an iceberg and sank en-route to New York in 1912. She is the ship's only living survivor.
Photographer Don Mullan made an appeal to help raise money for Dean in the Sunday edition of the Irish Independent newspaper, and also reached out to Winslet, DiCaprio and Cameron in a bid to raise awareness.
Mullan has already set up an exhibition to raise funds.
He explains to the publication, "I figured that if the edition sold out, it would secure Millvina for a full year. My plan, however, was to double the impact and thereby secure her for two years.
"I decided, therefore, at the opening of the exhibition, to publicly challenge James Cameron, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, 20th Century Fox and Celine to match me dollar for dollar."
According to reports, Mullan is still waiting to be contacted by Celine Dion, who won an Oscar for the movie's theme song My Heart Will Go On.
[ add comment ] ( 30 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 291 )
"Star Trek" warped to the top of the box office making $76.5 million in its opening weekend!
Positive word of mouth plus glowing reviews helped elevate the reboot to the No. 1 spot!
(Check my review here, and my cast interviews right here)
Meanwhile, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," previous No. 1 title-holder, fell to No. 2 with $27 million, a steep drop from its $87 million opening. But so far, the Hugh Jackman flick has made nearly $129.6 million in just two weeks.
Here's the Top 10 Box-Office list for the weekend of May 8:
1. "Star Trek," $72.5 million ($76.5 including its Thursday opening).
2. "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," $27 million.
3. "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past," $10.45 million.
4. "Obsessed," $6.6 million.
5. "17 Again," $4.4 million.
6. "Next Day Air," $4 million.
7. "The Soloist," $3.6 million.
8. "Monsters vs. Aliens," $3.4 million.
9. "Earth," $2.5 million.
10. "Hannah Montana: The Movie," $2.4 million.
[ add comment ] ( 9 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 302 )