But you have to wait for my full review next week. For now, let me touch on few things:
1) The plot is simple but engaging
2) The villain is actually creepy
3) The Hulk's design is more believable -- muscle definition on his body, and more emotive facial expressions
4) Special effects are way better than the 2003 Ang Lee version, although, I'm not one of those bandwagon jumping folks who are saying "I hate the Ang Lee version" because I don't! It was an essential origin story.
5) The fanboys and fangirls in the crowd clapped and cheered! If you can have them do that, then the movie will be successful.
6) "Iron Man" finds a brother-in-arms. "The Incredible Hulk" is not quite as good as "Iron Man" but it does give justice to the comic book!
7) So go watch "The Incredible Hulk" when it comes out next week!
*** My written review of the film will come out very soon, I promise!
[ 26 comments ] ( 608 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 1081 )
[ add comment ] ( 309 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 1028 )
Right now, I'm also appearing at The Filipino Channel (ABS-CBN) every Friday for Balitang America at 5:55pm, and Sundays for Adobo Nation at 6:30pm.
Well, my fantastic Executive Producer for Adobo Nation asked me to review Sharon Cuneta's new film, "Caregiver." Cuneta is considered the megastar of the Philippines, she consistently sells tons of records and opens a movie to blockbuster status!
True confession -- when I was a kid, I used to sing and imitate Sharon Cuneta, specially her song, "Mr. DJ." I loved it!
So now, without further adieu, please take a look at my review of "Caregiver." Word of caution -- I did spice it up with few Tagalog words, so it may be hard for our American friends to understand, just a little. But you'll still see and feel the magic
[ 35 comments ] ( 1439 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 942 )
Okay, this is not a formal review, but I watched "Mongol" last weekend and fell in love with it! It tells the sweeping tale of Genghis Khan.
This film was the official submission by Kazakhstan for the Foreign Language Film category at the 80th Academy Awards. Take that Borat!
The acting is superb, and the cinematography, good Lord, it's grandeur! Directed by Sergei Bodrov, you will get sucked in by his beautiful storytelling, and masterful direction.
The battle scenes are a bit bloody but necessary.
Trust me, you will like this movie! Go watch it now!
[ 34 comments ] ( 1637 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 982 )
As we reported back in November, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" director, Mike Newell, is set to direct "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time." And Jake Gyllenhaal is set to star as Prince Dastan.
Now, Ben Kingsley joins the cast as the villain Nizam, who plots to kill his brother King Shahrman and blame it on Prince Dastan so he can take the throne.
I know, it's a bit confusing, but it will take shape once we see the movie.
The film will start shooting in Morocco and England in July. Stay tuned!
[ 38 comments ] ( 1817 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 936 )