Ever wondered who invented Atari? Want to see Leonardo DiCaprio star in the movie about one of the founding fathers of the videogame industry?
Well, your wait is almost over! Paramount Pictures is preparing a film called "Atari" with Leonardo DiCaprio set to star! Read More...
[ add comment ] ( 109 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 444 )
The iconic Marvin Gaye is set to have a biopic with director F. Gary Gray ("Set it Off," "The Italian Job") on the helm. The working title is "Marvin: The Life Story of Marvin Gaye" targeted for a 2009 release.
"Blood Diamond's" C. Gaby Mitchell is aboard to write the script.
But like most high-profile Hollywood projects, "Marvin" has a rival film. "Sexual Healing" produced by James Gandolfini.
Gray said his movie will cover Gaye's entire life, from his emergence at Motown through his defiance of Berry Gordy to record "What's Goin' On" and on up to his death.
Gray told Daily Variety, "This is my passion project, the one that I wake up every day thinking about. I'm going to tell a truthful story, and there is no shortage of drama and extreme conflict in a relationship with his father that at its core is Shakespearean and tragic.
"This isn't the average biopic of a rock star wrestling with drugs and women, but a man whose musical awakening became a call to action that questioned critical issues like a costly foreign war, recession, environment, inequality -- issues that are relevant now."
Amen to that!
[ 1 comment ] ( 13 views ) | permalink | ( 2.9 / 370 )
But you have to wait for my full review next week. For now, let me touch on few things:
1) The plot is simple but engaging
2) The villain is actually creepy
3) The Hulk's design is more believable -- muscle definition on his body, and more emotive facial expressions
4) Special effects are way better than the 2003 Ang Lee version, although, I'm not one of those bandwagon jumping folks who are saying "I hate the Ang Lee version" because I don't! It was an essential origin story.
5) The fanboys and fangirls in the crowd clapped and cheered! If you can have them do that, then the movie will be successful.
6) "Iron Man" finds a brother-in-arms. "The Incredible Hulk" is not quite as good as "Iron Man" but it does give justice to the comic book!
7) So go watch "The Incredible Hulk" when it comes out next week!
*** My written review of the film will come out very soon, I promise!
[ add comment ] ( 14 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 438 )
[ add comment ] ( 10 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 378 )
Right now, I'm also appearing at The Filipino Channel (ABS-CBN) every Friday for Balitang America at 5:55pm, and Sundays for Adobo Nation at 6:30pm.
Well, my fantastic Executive Producer for Adobo Nation asked me to review Sharon Cuneta's new film, "Caregiver." Cuneta is considered the megastar of the Philippines, she consistently sells tons of records and opens a movie to blockbuster status!
True confession -- when I was a kid, I used to sing and imitate Sharon Cuneta, specially her song, "Mr. DJ." I loved it!
So now, without further adieu, please take a look at my review of "Caregiver." Word of caution -- I did spice it up with few Tagalog words, so it may be hard for our American friends to understand, just a little. But you'll still see and feel the magic
[ add comment ] ( 18 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 352 )