False Rumor Alert: Director Stephen Sommers WAS NOT Fired from "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" 


I heard this nasty rumor Thursday! According to some reports, director Stephen Sommers was banned from the editing room to finish "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" because of poor test screenings.

But it's just a rumor y'all!

Variety is saying:

One day you're directing one of the summer's biggest tentpoles, the next you're not. Depending on which websites you read.

Fan sites were in a lather Thursday, running with a rumor that originally appeared on a message board on producer Don Murphy's web site. The claim: Stephen Sommers was fired from Paramount's "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra."

The report said the director had been banned from the editing room and that Stuart Baird was hired to re-edit the film after a string of poor test screenings.

According to the studio and the film's producer, however, none of that is true.

"In this day and age, we are constantly dealing with online rumors that take on a life of their own," says a Paramount spokeswoman. "We love Steve and couldn't be happier with the movie he made."

"G.I. Joe" producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has responded directly to websites saying, "It's very unfair to Steve. It's completely untrue. He was never asked to leave or been fired. That's ridiculous."

Murphy has since removed the posting from his Angry Films site.

Sommers was never let go from the project and is still putting the final touches on the actioner based on the popular Hasbro toyline. In fact, Sommers has final cut as part of his contract. It will be released Aug. 7.


So there you have it folks, IT'S FALSE! Stephen Sommers is still at the helm of "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra."

[ 30 comments ] ( 1253 views )   |  permalink  |   ( 3 / 1073 )
"The Proposal" Funny Interview Bloopers! See Me Play with Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds, director Anne Fletcher, and the Lovely and Amazing Betty White! 
Take a look at this funny reel. Before my interviews began, Betty White, Sandra Bullock, and Ryan Reynolds were talking about my shirt!

Miss Betty loved it, Ryan was perplexed by it, and Sandra did not believe me that I specially bought that shirt for my interviews! But I swear it's true! I went to the mall the week before just to shop for "The Proposal." Pathetic, I know.

And director Anne Fletcher (I love her!!!!) talked about the Philippines, and The Filipino Channel!

My full, one-on-one interviews with "The Proposal" will be up very soon, so is my review, but for now, have fun with this little, funny morsel.



[ 32 comments ] ( 2542 views )   |  permalink  |   ( 3 / 1028 )
Writer of "The Queen" and "Frost/Nixon" Will Work with James Bond! 


Peter Morgan, the genius behind "The Queen" and "Frost/Nixon" has joined the 007 team! Morgan is set to co-write the 23rd Bond film with Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, the writers behind the last four Bond movies.

The three writers will team-up for this new Bond film that will once again star Daniel Craig as Agent 007.

Purvis and Wade previously worked with Paul Haggis ("Crash") for "Casino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace."

Can I just tell you that I'm so excited for this news? I regard Morgan as a brilliant scriptwriter and one can just imagine what twists and turns he'll put our favorite spy in.

[ 13 comments ] ( 525 views )   |  permalink  |   ( 3 / 1019 )
"Wolverine" Stars Headed to "Mars!" See the "Wall-E" Connection! 


"X-Men Origins: Wolverine" stars Taylor Kitsch (Gambit) and Lynn Collins (Kayla Silverfox) are set to star in "John Carter of Mars" from Walt Disney Pictures.

But the movie buff in me is very happy that "Finding Nemo" and "Wall-E" director, Andrew Stanton will helm the film in his first live-action directorial debut!

Kitsch will play John Carter, a Civil War veteran who gets mysteriously transported to Mars. Collins will play Dejah Thoris, the Princess of Mars. Sounds far-fetched but anybody who can make us fall in love with an animated robot movie that is pretty much a silent film in its first half can do no wrong. For now, at least...

Stanton will be working from a script he co-wrote with Mark Andrews and the film is scheduled to begin production early next year.

[ 33 comments ] ( 1316 views )   |  permalink  |   ( 3 / 990 )
"Ghostbusters: the Videogame" Revives Interest in Third Movie 


As we told you last September, Columbia Pictures wanted a new "Ghosbusters" movie. And why not? It's been 25 years since Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson first busted ghosts in Manhattan.

Now, the team is back in a new videogame and they're all in consensus -- a third movie is coming!

The videogame, which will be released Tuesday (June 16th) by Atari (how apropo), features the voice of the original cast including the lovely Annie Potts as the receptionist. The setting of the game is New York circa 1991, two years after "Ghostbusters II."

(For a review of the game, click here)

Aykroyd and Ramis, who co-wrote the first two films, consider this videogame the third film of the franchise, albeit in virtual form.

Ramis said getting the cast back together for the game rekindled their interest for the third flick. He told Hollywood Reporter, "It had sort of been contemplated before, and Dan had once written a spec script about it, which was not bad, but there was no group will that galvanized around that script," Ramis said.

"I think what the game did was revive our belief in it and certainly demonstrated that there was a public appetite and interest in it."

Let's hope Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, co-exec producers of "The Office," hurry and finish the script for "Ghostbusters 3."

[ 14 comments ] ( 535 views )   |  permalink  |   ( 3 / 970 )

<<First <Back | 761 | 762 | 763 | 764 | 765 | 766 | 767 | 768 | 769 | 770 | Next> Last>>