I love “Renfield!” I’m calling it “John Wick” meets “Dracula” but with a lot of heart and a barrel of laughs! I spent some time with the man behind “Renfield,” director Chris McKay. See why he decided to direct the film, his inspiration for the movie, how he helped Nicolas Cage and Nicholas Hoult shape their characters of Dracula and Renfield respectively, and what he hopes for viewers to get after watching the film.
“Renfield” is set to be released in theaters on April 14.
Renfield, Dracula’s henchman and inmate at the lunatic asylum for decades, longs for a life away from the Count, his various demands, and all of the bloodshed that comes with them.
- Nicolas Cage as Dracula, a legendary Transylvanian vampire, and Renfield’s ill-tempered and narcissistic boss.
- Nicholas Hoult as R. M. Renfield, the long-suffering servant of Dracula.
- Awkwafina as Rebecca Quincy, an aggressive traffic cop working for the New Orleans Police Department and Renfield’s love-interest.
- Ben Schwartz as Teddy Lobo, a mob enforcer.
- Shohreh Aghdashloo as Ella, a mob boss.
- Adrian Martinez as Chris Marcos, a traffic cop and Quincy’s co-worker.
- Brandon Scott Jones as Mark, a support group leader
- Jenna Kanell as Carol, a support group member
- Bess Rous as Caitlyn, a support group member.
- James Moses Black as Captain J. Browning.
- Caroline Williams as Vanessa
- Miles Doleac